EEEK!! PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 27 July 2005 16:00
Contrary to what you may think, our webpage is not messed up but our Internet access is...again. Actually, to be fair, Armand, our satellite Internet contact sent me a file back in June to upgrade the software and because I know that our system can be complicated, I waited until today to install it. As what seems to be our luck with the system, the install was not successful and I managed to make the Internet completely inoperable and by 8:00 PM we were driving over to Lindsay with our controller (it controls the dish and tells it where to find the satellite) to have Armand install the new software at his office. While we were there, I mentioned that we were heading north on our way to BC this fall and we realized that the satellite we are on doesn't transmit up there.

The next step was to move us from one satellite to a new one and this too can be complicated, which it was. Needless to say, our first day back was spent doing nothing that we planned but at least we are near where we can have the Internet work serviced fairly quickly.

We are also having difficulty finding new mufflers for our motorcycle, which we need in order to certify it. Being an older bike means that parts aren't readily available and when they are they can be costly. We did buy our bike, as is, however it was indicated that it would easily certify which turned out to be untrue. While I fiddled with the satellite dish all day, Rick spent time on the phone and running around Simcoe County trying to find a way to repair the muffler until we can get replacements. As our time in Ontario winds down, we are scrambling to get all the loose ends tidied up before we go. I sure hope today isn't any indication of how the rest of time here will go!

This is a picture of Makai, taken Monday, enjoying a cookie.