Feeling Grateful PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 29 July 2005 16:00
Interestingly enough, my brain seems to have found Eastern Standard Time sooner than Rick's (usually it is the other way around) and I was up at ten minutes to seven this morning. Since returning back to Ontario we have enjoyed great weather with highs in the mid twenties with overnight lows in the low to mid teens, making it great for sleeping. We enjoy sleeping with the windows open and with no humidity to speak of, now it is finally possible here.

Once we were both up, showered and dressed, we stopped at the Orillia Farmers Market to pick up some fresh vegetables before heading to Gayle and Graham's to use their cable Internet so I could check my email and upload the past couple of day's entries in our journal on the web page. We then drove to Stroud to visit with Rick's mom, Bea and take her out for lunch. The traffic traveling north along the highway might as well have been in reverse! It was heavy, bumper-to-bumper and reminded us of why we have chosen to leave the province for areas less crowded and not as busy.

Truly, that was one of the motivating factors for selling the house and hitting the road, the influx of folks into this area is phenomenal. People in general need to slow down a little and take the time to just BE in the moment of each day. Tomorrow will always be there but it is today that we miss because we are in such a hurry to get through it and consequently we don't get to know each other or our neighbours at all making life so impersonal. There is a lot to be said for small towns where everyone knows everyone. Funny as it may seem, we find that community spirit more in RV Parks and Campgrounds where almost everyone is transient and for whatever reason find it easier to be friendly with each other. It is times like these, when we see the heavy traffic that we are really grateful for our good fortune and the ability to be travelers whenever we want.

Makai, who has recently started eating "lumpy" solid food, is not too sure how he likes it, as you can tell from the expression on his face. This photo was taken last week.