Geeks and Beaks PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 26 February 2006 16:00

In my computer tutoring class I come across all kinds of computer problems and they have been relatively simple for me. Very occasionally I encounter something that becomes a challenge and it is those that I thrive on. On Friday, one of those challenges presented themselves and I have been determined to come up with a solution. First the computer had a nasty virus deeply embedded in it AND it had been there for some time. Many files were corrupt (880) and I couldn’t install any virus software or even access the Microsoft update page. Well, I am pleased to say that I did get the virus removed; the corrupt files that could be repaired repaired (the others removed) and all the operating systems are restored and functioning beautifully. I learned a lot and I am becoming quite proficient at being a computer “geek”.

Meanwhile, to be forthright, I dropped out of my bird carving class, quite typical for me. I have dropped out of so much in the way of schooling; high school, several keyboarding classes, an evening psychology class and a Community Health Advisory course. (Apparently I suck at taking directions, but boy, am I ever good at giving them!) However, my wonderful husband has picked up where I left off and he is carving and painting both of our chickadees. Perhaps he has found his niche because aside from enjoying it, Rick is doing a fabulous job. Both birds are ready for painting, and as you can see by this one, they look amazingly accurate. Rick’s new-found talent has come as a surprise to him, but not to me because I’ve always known he was a multi-talented man and I am very proud of him. Aside from the painting, the birds have to have their legs attached and be mounted and as soon as they are completed I will post a photograph.