Where Did It Go? PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 07 March 2006 16:00

It was another early morning and again we went swimming but the water was the coldest it has been since we started our predawn ritual. When the wind blows here, the pools are always colder than normal and for almost two days we have been plagued with high winds. (Now I know why there are windmills!!) Somehow we managed to swim anyway mainly because it is such a great way to start our day and besides, we both had 10:00 appointments.

Though I didn’t have to work in the office today, I had three private computer lessons and a Reiki treatment scheduled so needless to say, it wasn’t a day off. Rick headed out at 9:15 on the motorcycle because I needed the car after my first tutoring appointment to go to my Reiki session in Palm Desert. My first appointment ran over the time I had allotted which consequently made my whole day run late and all of a sudden it was 5 o’clock. I hadn’t eaten lunch, I hadn’t shopped for some much needed groceries and it was the end of the day and time for dinner! Where the hell did the day go?

It had been my intention to defrost and clean the fridge today and it just didn’t get done because of the vanishing hours. Not only had I not picked up any food, I didn’t vacuum, I didn’t dust, I didn’t wash the floors; in fact I didn’t clean anything at all, but I had a great day just the same. The cleaning can wait (it will still be there tomorrow unless I do it or the magic cleaning genie drops in which just isn’t going to happen) and our world won’t fall apart. We had popcorn for supper and tomorrow I’m back in the office for the afternoon but you never know, I might be able to find an hour or two in the morning to get into the Suzy Homemaker mode. The motorhome will be clean but the fridge and cupboards will remain bare. Hmmmm, perhaps it’s time to fast again….