Home? At Last PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 22 March 2006 16:00

This morning we said our goodbyes to Rich and Laura, our RVing friends from Michigan and we are going to miss them a lot. Rich and Rick have so much in common besides having similar names and Capricorn birthdays. They are both obsessively clean, are mechanically inclined and understand the maintenance of motorhomes. Laura has a wonderful sense of humour, lots of computer knowledge and ironically enough, is an Aquarian like me. Sam, our cat, would come out to greet Laura and Rich whenever they were over and Snuggles, their cockatoo was just starting to get used to our presence. Though they are several years younger than us, we feel so comfortable with them, like old friends, and hopefully we will see them again in the not too distant future.

The weather has finally improved and when we left Pomona (at a higher elevation than Desert Hot Springs) it was just after 10:00 AM and the temperature was registering 22C (71F). As we made our descent into Coachella Valley we watched the mercury climb 10F to 81F (27C), a welcome change. After spending most of the time at the FMCA event just trying to stay warm it was wonderful to wear shorts and T-shirts again.

We arrived back at our home park, Catalina Spa just before noon and then spent the next few hours cleaning and setting up the motorhome. This afternoon I had a Reiki appointment in Palm Springs while Rick raked and sorted things at our site at Catalina. We will stay parked here until the first of May and I have to say, we are glad to be back. Things are really starting to quiet down with many folks heading back to their northern homes. The next few weeks will be less busy giving us some time to enjoy the weather and ride the motorcycle. It sure is nice to be “home”!