My Mom, We Love You and Goodbye For Now PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 21 April 2006 16:00

In our early childhood, growing up in a Belgium village, our mom would take great pride in sewing my sister and me matching clothes. Christine was always the red kid and I was the blue one and we were each others best friend. Mom would make wonderful home cooked meals which would be prepared and ready for us to eat together as a family. Dad was one of the few married pilots of the time and it was not unusual for him to bring someone else home with him to join our dinner and Mom never complained. She was always welcoming of his friends and entertaining was as natural for her as sewing. Unfortunately, one day driving home from the air force base, Mom was in a serious accident which hospitalized her for several weeks with a broken pelvis. I was probably just three and Christine was four and a half, too young to fully understand where she was and why we couldn’t see her.

Something happened in that separation that seemed to change her (and probably us too) and after that she seemed less patient and not as fun loving as we remembered her. When going anywhere, Mom always took Christine with her and I was always given to Dad to look after. Needless to say Mom and I had a strained relationship growing up though my sister always remained my greatest ally and best friend. Mom seemed to always protect Christine and I just clung to my Dad hence he and I were closer and that dynamic remained throughout our lives.

Mom has been slowly dying ever since a bad fall last autumn, just giving up her will to be here and we have watched her withering away. At every opportunity she would tell is she just wants to go to Dad, who passed away on May 18, 2001 after being married happily for 58 years. On Sunday I asked my two gifted friends Rosanne and Arie, to see if they could connect to her on a spiritual level to see why she keeps staying here. (Physically she may weigh all of sixty pounds and doesn’t eat anything and hasn’t really since October.) According to them, apparently she felt that Christine still needed her and as long as that was the case she wasn’t going anywhere. Arie and Rosanne instructed Christine to connect to her on a mental plane to let her know she loved her but she needed to go to Dad and Granddad (Mom’s Father) who where both there waiting to take her “home”. On Wednesday Christine finally was able to connect with Mom on a mental plain (she is completely deaf and sleeps most of the day) telling her how much she loved her but that Dad needs her now. She died in her sleep around 4 AM Eastern Time this morning. We are both feeling tremendous relief for Mom who has been in a great deal of pain for some time now and just knowing she is back with the one true love of her life again at last.

Thanks Arie and Rosanne for helping us to free her and thanks Mom for being one of the best! You deserve painfree peace at last! We love you!