Two To Go PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 06 May 2006 16:00

The heat is back! Yup, after a three day reprieve the temperatures are climbing up again so our exodus from here on Monday is coming at a perfect time. This morning, I went to a neighbouring RV park to help one of my “students” who lives here year round and say goodbye while Rick continued putting things away. It was another step closer to being my old self again and I have to say, it sure felt good. When I returned an hour later, Rick and I headed into Palm Springs for some last minute things at Trader Joe’s and Wal-Mart and for my final “look/see” at the doctors. We had to split the errand-running to before and after the appointment where (as I had expected), the doctor gave us his blessings to head home on Monday.

One of the things we needed to get today was mothballs. In the fall when we first set up here, we purchased a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet for the patio area to help keep the dust down. We are leaving it here, stored rolled up under a neighbour’s RV, which is parked in a seasonal site so it stays here all year. Because it is so dry, we don’t need to be concerned about mildew but we DO know that there are rats, mice and other creepy-crawlies that would love to use it (or what it’s made of it) for a home. At our resort, we used mothballs to keep mice out of cottages and rooms over the winter and they worked extremely well. Though we hate the smell of them, we know they’ll keep the critters away and because the carpet is always outside, the smell will evaporate pretty quickly anyway.

We returned just in time to catch the NASCAR race (the highlight of Rick’s week) and because last weeks’s one was rained out, he was very happy to watch it. The disadvantage of having a Canadian satellite system meant that the rescheduled race held on Monday wasn’t available to us. (He was able to hear it on the XM radio, which wasn’t quite the same, especially when there were several crashes) The timing of this race was great (Saturday night versus Sunday) because it frees up our day tomorrow for cleaning and putting away the inside things, (ornaments, etc.) in preparation for Monday’s departure. With only two nights of sleep left, that day is fast approaching and we’ll soon be “homeward” bound!