Frying Inside PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 15 May 2006 16:00

Because it was so hot on Sunday, we postponed our cleaning day until today, the day before we leave for our next destination. At the time, it seemed like a good idea however now that the day is here and the temperature has soared to over 38C (100.4F) we are having second thoughts. Here at Bear Mountain Resort, we only have 30 amp service which normally works fine for us, however with this relentless heat, using only one air-conditioner at a time is a struggle to keep the Moho cool. Rick went outside after breakfast to clean up the bike and put it away in preparation for our morning departure and when he came back in, it looked like he had gone for a swim. Even at 10:00 AM it was already “sauna-ish” outside and we knew then what was in store for the rest of the day. The good news is that it cools off considerably at night so we will get a reprieve eventually but we certainly have been working at a speed much slower than normal.

So we have had a quiet day here, lazing around, cleaning sporadically while watching some taped shows and enjoying a day off from sight seeing. It is still much cooler inside than out and even though she slept most of the day, Sam the cat was happy to have us around all day to keep her company.

We have had a really nice time in Redding; exploring the winding roads around the area has been both scenic and fun and the weather, though really hot, has been great. Though I didn’t take any today, I am including some pictures taken over the past few days so I hope you enjoy them. Of course, how could we leave without this last view of Mount Shasta, taken on Saturday while riding to the coast?