The Difference a Little Sleep Makes PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 02 August 2006 16:00

Much to my relief today was a much more productive day than yesterday… for all of us. Last night Monet stayed in the Moho with us until 12:30 which meant her mother had three hours in a row of undisturbed sleep, something she badly needed. By morning Karley had accumulated about six hours of sleep in total and was feeling a lot better, enough so that she joined us on our morning walk. Monet seems a little less colicky, either because she is benefiting from the chamomile tea and ginger cookies her mom is eating or being another day older, her system is maturing. Whatever it is, she was much calmer all day and I think she even smiled!

When we returned from our walk, Rick and I set about doing a major cleaning in the motorhome, something we haven’t done in a very long while. Because we are parked beside Ian and Karley’s house, we don’t spend a lot of time in it and I am embarrassed to say that we have been seriously neglecting it. Today we washed down all the woodwork, the walls and the floor and polished all the mirrors and glass. Our Moho sparkles again, smells wonderful and is back to the condition we are used to. Yay!

Yesterday, the day was such a wash we didn’t even eat dinner together, settling instead for snacks and popcorn. Today I made a Greek salad and Rick barbequed salmon burgers, which we all enjoyed for supper. It’s amazing what a difference a little sleep makes!

While on the walk today, the pigs that bounded up to the fence to greet us yesterday were sound asleep but the ponies came over so Makai could have a better look. (To ensure we keep our new friends, we’ve decided to take some carrots with us the next time.)