Into Vancouver PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 06 June 2006 16:00

Today I ventured into Vancouver to spend some time with Jay before picking Rick up at the airport on Friday morning. Even though Jay is working during the day it will give us a couple of evenings to hang out. We have been enjoying some great weather and even though the forecast is calling for some showers tomorrow we are still expecting it to be warm. Experience tells me that the weather can change in a minute and if it rains, it will be light and short lived.

Even after waiting 20 minutes for the Albion Ferry and driving in heavy traffic for a while, I arrived in downtown Vancouver right on schedule to meet Jay at his apartment. He lives on the 22nd floor of a building right downtown which affords him a great view of the city and it also makes getting anywhere on foot extremely easy. Though Jay often works out of the city, his roommate, Sarah, works at Capone's, a restaurant and jazz club in Yaletown, only a short three block walk away. One of Jay’s business associates is in town working so he joined us for dinner there this evening. It was nice to leave the car parked and once again, I got excited about the prospect of living someday in our condo that will be ready next year.

After a fabulous dinner with great live entertainment, Kevin, Jay and I walked back to the apartment so that they could indulge in a video game (boys will be boys) while I write this. The windows are open, there are no bugs and though the sun has set, the sky is still a pale blue and it is 9:45 PM. Ya gotta love it!!