Mission Accomplished PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 09 June 2006 16:00

Several months ago, Karley asked me if we would baby-sit this weekend so that she and Ian could have two days away to sleep in and rest before baby#2 arrives. Besides Karley and Ian, Rick and I have been so looking forward to this time; us for different reasons than them. We had intended to take Makai to the zoo (among other places) as well as do some things around the yard and house.

Yesterday, I mentioned that Rick arrived from Ontario feeling under the weather and unfortunately he is even sicker today. He managed to get out of bed a couple of times to see Makai but for the most part his time has been spent in bed or in the bathroom. I wasn’t into doing the zoo thing by myself so we spent the day doing some things at the house.

Granni did what granny’s do best…I cooked and I baked! I baked an applesauce cake and some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (all healthy things of course!) and I made a pot of caramelized leek and lentil soup. While Makai had a little bit of everything, he is a little young to really appreciate it all. However, I suspect when his “Mama” and “Da” return they will be the ones to really enjoy all the goodies so it won’t go to waste. This is the first time Karley has been away from her little boy overnight so it required some adjusting on her part and it’s good practice for her “delivery day”. Though it’s not quite the weekend Rick and I had hoped to have, in the three calls I’ve received from Karley (so far), she and Ian are enjoying their mini getaway so it is a mission accomplished.