Productive But Sad PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 16 June 2006 16:00

A few weeks ago while we were in Redding, California, I emailed Karley because I had had a disturbing dream about Sasha, the cat. I dreamt that Sasha had gone out one night and never returned and in the dream I saw everyone frantically looking for her to no avail. Sasha is a little, affectionate, constantly-purring, fur-ball who hangs around Makai, especially at mealtimes and he has become very attached to her. Last night Karley came to us very concerned because it seems Sasha had disappeared. After scouring the area and talking to the neighbours we have learned that sadly she has probably become prey to a bear or coyote. Both of those animals are prevalent in the area and the neighbours report that they too have lost several cats to them.

This morning Ian and Rick had a tree trimmer come in to delimb a couple of large maple trees in the front yard. There were several dead branches that needed to be removed before they caused any more damage (apparently on or near moving day, one had already come down damaging the neighbour’s hedge). We didn’t want one to come crashing down on the motorhome piercing the roof and pinning us to our bed. It was an all day event that was both entertaining and job creating because now Ian and Rick have to move all the dead wood from the lawn. (A great Father’s Day job, don’t you think?)

Meanwhile, I attended a Reiki workshop at my BC Reiki Master, Lyn Ayre’s home in Port Coquitlam all afternoon. It was nice to see Lyn and Norm, her husband, again (I haven’t seen them since 2004) and meet Joy another Master graduate of Lyn’s. We learned some new techniques and practiced on each other and the afternoon flew by.

Though the day was productive for everyone here in Mission, we have shed some tears because we are all saddened by the loss of one great little cat and we can only hope she died swiftly without suffering. Bye, bye little Sasha, we will miss you!