Tid-Bits PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 29 June 2006 16:00

For some time now, Ian has expressed having a passion for an Alpha Romeo Spyder and recently he discovered a very inexpensive, “fixer-upper” in Washington State. This morning Rick and Ian headed south to just outside of Tacoma in the SUV towing our trailer to pick it up. The car is in even better condition than Ian expected and the “boys” arrived back at the house with it well before dinnertime. Tomorrow, I’ll have a picture.

Karley and Makai went to a play group this morning which allowed me an opportunity for “just me” time, something I haven’t had much of lately. It gave me time to workout, do some laundry, clean the motorhome and catch up on my email. This afternoon, mother and child joined some friends and went to the water park at the Mission Leisure Centre giving me some more alone time. This time I baked a cake, did some sewing, watched some archived programs (that really needed to be erased from the video recorder) and organized dinner. I really enjoyed the solitude; it was a nice change but not one I’d like for very long and I was happy when everyone started to return .

Between her outings with Makai, Karley had her weekly doctors appointment and learned that the baby’s head is not engaged or showing any signs of emerging anytime soon. Even though her official due date isn’t until next weekend we were hoping she would be early; so much for a holiday weekend baby!

Yesterday, I put Taunja’s daughters’ and hubby’s picture on this page so today I am going to feature Nate, Chantelle’s son. FYI, Chantelle and Taunja are sisters and the daughters of Gayle, Rick’s sister.