A Tired Family PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 09 July 2006 16:00

After a pretty much sleepless night on Saturday for Karley, Ian and I, we were all very tired by the time nightfall arrived yesterday. Ian was able to get a few hours sleep when I relieved him in the afternoon and Karley dozed 10 minutes here and there over the course of the day. (She was practicing for what she has to look forward to over the next few months!) Once Ian returned at around 5:30 PM, I headed home to take over the care of Makai so Rick could go in to the hospital to meet Monet. Lucky for me when Rick returned he took over Makai’s care and when it was finally time to go to bed, you can be sure this Granni slept soundly and undisturbed until 8:00 this morning.

Ian stayed at the hospital last night and both parents had another restless night so this morning Karley asked if she could come home. After a doctor checked her incision she was given the green light to go so this afternoon mother and daughter arrived home while Makai was having his nap. Once he was awake he met his baby sister; at first a little unsure of her, but in due course he promptly poked her eye, (a typical toddler greeting) welcoming her into his world. He isn’t quite sure what to make of his little sister but he is very happy his mom and dad are back. It will be interesting to see how things develop over the next couple of months.

Tonight Ian and Makai went to bed at the same time, just before 8:00 PM (poor Ian is exhausted and not feeling well either) and Karley and Monet nestled in shortly thereafter. Hopefully a good night’s sleep can be had by all and tomorrow will give them the opportunity to become better acquainted with the newest member of their family in the comforts of home!