Heading South in Utah PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 02 October 2006 16:00

I was going to start this entry with how our day went, where we are etc., however when we arrived at our destination and set up, I checked my email and learned from my “webdude”, Steve Caston, that our web site pages are all wonky. IF you find this entry, you’ll understand what is going on (BIG IF). It seems in the migration process of moving all my previous entries over to the new Linux server, they have become jumbled; dates aren’t in order etc. Steve is working hard behind the scenes to rectify this so please bear with us while this problem is rectified. I promise once everything is done, it will be worth it!

Rick and I packed up this morning and headed south on Interstate 15 towards Salt Lake City on our way to Moab, in the south east quadrant of Utah. Just south of Provo, we got onto Highway 6, a much more scenic drive than the interstate. I just cannot find any new words to describe the scenery other than the usual; fabulous, amazing, spectacular and awesome. Utah is a photographers dream because there is so much diversity between the rock formations and colours that range from a green-blue to a vibrant rust colour. Even for someone like me, a total amateur, there was no end of sights to photograph and I didn’t know where to aim my camera next.

The weather in the area is unsettled, though it was sunny when we left Garland, we could see the thunder clouds in the distance. When we stopped for fuel one trucker we met told us that there had been flash floods in and around Moab. Great! Just what we needed! As luck would have it, the rain was long gone by the time we arrived at the Archview RV Park just outside of Moab shortly after 4:00. Had I not been in such a panic mode over the website, we might have explored the area a little but instead we’ll wait till morning!