A Day of Many Hats PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 13 November 2006 16:00

Ever since we started working as volunteers with a full schedule, the days are flying by. From the time I get up somewhere between 5 and 6 AM until my computer class ends around 3:00 PM, I am constantly on the go. Between working in the office in the morning and teaching a class in the afternoon I can barely fit in a break for lunch.

Fortunately my happy hubby looks after me on those days by making us lunch after he has completed his morning landscaping work. In the afternoon he is either running errands or helping out other folks in the park. We both wear many hats.

Today the park hosted a potluck “welcome back” dinner for the volunteers and so once the class was over, I plopped on my chef’s hat to whip up something to take to the dinner. This morning I realized I was lacking some necessary ingredients and so this afternoon after lunch, Rick donned his “shopping hat” and headed to town.

Needless to say, it was an exhausting day and though it is only 7:30 our bed is calling to us loudly. Methinks it will be an early night!