What Would They Think? PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 20 November 2006 16:00

If you haven’t read it by now, I love my computer classes; I mean really LOVE them. I especially love helping computer newbies; I love helping them to learn how to maneuver around their laptops and discover their capabilities. Each week I see progress in my regular attendees and I am encouraged by their abilities. Today was my third Blogging class and the most successful one so far with six brand new Blogs being created. As my students become more comfortable with the whole concept I may even start publishing their blog addresses (with their permission of course!).

When I look back to when our fulltiming journey began, never did I envision myself doing anything like this. I often felt so overwhelmed just by the process of maintaining this website that when Rick would ask for help with his computer, the poor guy got snapped at.

I have learned that teaching can be one of the most rewarding jobs and simultaneously be one of the most frustrating. No matter how well planned a lesson is, the stability of one persons computer or the strength of a Wifi signal can drastically alter the outcome. I am so grateful that my students are all adults and not boisterous teenagers or hyperactive adolescents. In high school, I was one of those students the teachers were relieved to see finally leave the school for good. Hmmmm….I wonder what they would think if they could see me now.

A view of the lower clubhouse, store and garden.