Counting With Makai PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 21 December 2006 16:00

Today Grandpa and I took Makai out for the morning to do some grocery shopping and to stop at Tim Horton’s. For our American readers who don’t know what Tim Horton’s is, it is the Canadian equivalent of your Starbucks with some exceptions. Firstly, the coffee is still coffee; either regular or decaffeinated, but good old fashioned brewed coffee at a way more reasonable price. Secondly, Timmy’s offers donuts; freshly baked (though not hot) and in dozens of varieties of all sizes. They also serve decent wholesome foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner with many outlets being open 24 hours a day.

Kathi, Makai’s nanny, got him started on Timmy’s some time ago for a little treat when they go out and somehow the name Tim Horton’s got changed to Timmy Hoho’s. He loves the hot smoothies (essentially a hot milk beverage similar to hot chocolate) (today he had raspberry) along with a Timbit (a donut hole). I had a regular tea, Rick had a large coffee and with Makai’s smoothie and Timbit our order totaled all of $4.06 (see what I mean about reasonable prices).

We picked up the last of the Christmas groceries and then headed home. With family starting to arrive tomorrow, I am hoping that this is the last time we will need to go shopping until next week. We were back by noon and took over minding Monet so Karley could finish her shopping.

Makai knows his Uncle Jay is coming here tomorrow with his Nana, Poppa, Auntie Morag, Uncle Andy and Santa following close behind. He is counting the sleeps and to help make the time go by fast he and Grandpa worked hard on making a gingerbread house today.