A "New" Mini!!! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 13 July 2008 14:26
new mini.jpgYesterday we spent part of the afternoon in Mission to celebrate Monet’s 2nd birthday.  The actual day was on Wednesday but we couldn’t get together with the family until the weekend and it also gave me some time to bake Monet a cake. Karley’s friend who has always been the creator of the most magnificent cakes in the past is no longer doing it, so it was Granni to the rescue.  My creation, though not nearly as decorative as last years was well received and quite yummy just the same.

For dinner we enjoyed a delicious Salad Nicoise “a la Karley” with fresh grilled tuna followed by birthday cake. It was great to spend some time with everyone and we are just amazed at how quickly the wee ones grow and how much they change from visit to visit.

Today, with the weather continuing to be perfect we took a morning motorcycle ride into Washington.  At the Safeway just across the border I can get Good Season’s salad dressing, unavailable here, so we stopped there so I could get a good supply for home. (We eat salad everyday so we go through a lot.) After a pleasant ride and a restful afternoon, we headed over to the shop to see our newly wrapped Mini which Gord Gemmel, the artist, was returning. Actually, he was swapping it for the other Mini that we recently leased for our shop foreman. The two Mini’s will be a better form of advertising and a lot less expensive than the current Yellow Page’s ads, which we have greatly reduced.

Here is a picture of Rick’s “new” Min. Darren’s will be done by Wednesday..…check my Flickr site (link to the left) for more views. (I have also added more pictures of the Woodlands fire and post fire pictures as they are in the process of demolishing it.)