Fun in Vancouver PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Monday, 02 June 2008 06:58
miniralley.jpgOn May 24th, Rick and I went on a Mini Rally with the Vancouver Mini Club; by that I mean a rally for Mini Coopers, not a small rally! Neither of us has been involved in such a thing before but we had a really great time and will be sure to join the next one. The route took us through North Vancouver on some really picturesque streets and with the ideal weather we had, we were treated to some of the most spectacular views. Yes, once again we had a gorgeous weekend; confirmation that we are living where we should be.Cool

Call it beginners luck or just great team work, but Rick and I were the winning team in the rally winning $500 towards Mini accessories and a voucher for a Mini Spa treatment. As we own our own detailing shop, the Mini never needs to be detailed elsewhere so Rick is going to give it to another Mini owner. After the event, Mini Yaletown hosted a barbecue where we were able to meet and mingle with other Mini enthusiasts and a good time was had by all.

Even though we do a lot of walking, on the 25th, we decided to buy inline skates so we can get a little more active when we go downtown. We took our first lessons this Sunday (our instructor, among other things, teaches proper stopping and falling techniques, something yours truly will put to good use!) so that we can fully enjoy the sport. Soon we hope to be inline skating along the seawall in Stanley Park as well as on some of the many other trails in the lower mainland. I will keep you posted on our progress.

It was yet another sunny weekend so we took full advantage of it (Rick and I get Saturdays and Sundays off now) and brought the bike back from Mission (Rick rode it out there a couple of weeks ago to bring the Moho here before we sold it). Business at AllCare is booming and our weekdays are very full with car care and Nerding so having the weekends together for fun stuff is our reward for our hard work. Be sure to check out our new logo at the shop at www.allcareapc.ca!