San Antonio PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Monday, 15 March 2004 00:00

mar 15-04.jpgWe were up early this morning because our drive to San Antonio would take us approximately 6 hours and we wanted to get there by mid-afternoon. As it was, we were on the road by 10:00 and we arrived at the campground, Alamo Fiesta RV Park in Boerne, just 30 minutes from downtown San Antonio just after 3:30 PM. Rick and Rob worked on getting the outside set up, awnings out, window coverings on, patio mat out and chairs set up, while Rosanne and I organized the inside. Rob lit the barbeque for the salmon burgers we were having and we sat outside enjoying the 27C (80F) temperature and clear blue sky while we ate.

After our early dinner, we decided to go into San Antonio to the Riverwalk....what a place! There are shops and restaurants all built along side a long winding paved path beside the San Antonio River that runs through the center of town. The "walk" has beautifully groomed gardens, an outdoor theatre and many hotels as well as some scenic areas and is laden with history. At night it is particularly pretty because of the many lights and there are riverboats cruising along it either filled with passengers sightseeing or patrons enjoying a floating meal. We walked along there for a long time while we squeezed through the throngs of people. It is March break and there are hundreds of happy vacationers of all ages so there were huge crowds!

We ventured back to the campground and we were home by 11:00 PM. We were all tired and I know we will sleep well tonight!

This picture is one of Rosanne and I horsing around. I can't believe Rick was able to capture that expression on my face! Tongue out