A Work Day PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 01 May 2004 00:00

2004-05-01.jpg Ian's house is 100 years old and is a work in progress. In two years he has accomplished so much and it is a labour of love but there is still much to do. Grant Street where Karley and Ian live runs off of Commercial Drive which reminds me of the Cabbagetown area of Toronto, with these historic homes becoming very desirable. The houses here are being bought up by a younger set of homeowners who are restoring them to their formers days of grandeur and Ian's house is no exception.

Yesterday, we each took on a project of our own. Being a former cleaning service owner, I decided to clean the kitchen, which is still on the renovation list. Due to the many renovations that have already been done, the drywall dust has found it's way into all the nooks and crannies that a kitchen has. It has been cleaned several times already and was due for some more. Rick hung towel racks, hooks and a toilet paper holder in the recently remodelled bathroom in the basement and then installed a new doorknob and deadbolt on the basement door. Ian tackled the floors, baseboards and trim in Karley's new office and the front room while Karley worked on their bedroom. Before we knew it the sun was starting to set and it was time to stop.

After we stood back and admired our handiwork we cleaned ourselves up and went for a walk over to Commercial Drive aka The Drive to rent a movie and enjoy some delicious Italian Gelato. It is a great neighbourhood with no shortage of things to see and do and a two-minute walk from Ian's door. I have a feeling that before we leave we will know it well!

As you can see our "Campsite" is a tight fit!