Preparing to Move PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 28 May 2004 00:00
We have been here for four weeks, which is hard to believe because the time has flown by. We have enjoyed sightseeing, shopping, eating out and relaxing and we have only scratched the surface. We had planned on seeing more, exploring more and learning more about Vancouver by now but it just didn't happen. Tomorrow we are heading inland to Salmon Arm, about five hours from here, to visit some friends, George and Joan Kanin, with Helen. George grew up with Jim in Toronto and Helen was like a second mother to him during that time. She hasn't seen him in over 10 years and we haven't seen him for almost two, so it will be a great reunion for us. We will be spending two nights there, then heading back to Tsawwassen so we can take the ferry to Victoria on Tuesday. We will be staying in there for two months before heading up island to Campbell River for the month of August.

Hopefully, on Monday a satellite tech, who we will be meeting enroute will determine the cause of my Internet woes and get my dish up and running. If he has no luck, we will be making arrangements for him to meet up with us in Victoria for a more extensive visit where he can resolve the problem. So I will probably be completely offline until after the weekend, possibly longer, but I will upload my weekend entries at the first possible opportunity. Please be patient and check back often!

Today we started the process of making the motorhome ready for our trip tomorrow. Rick did most of the work as it involved repacking the storage space, re-storing the bikes, cleaning the awnings and putting away the window coverings. We bought a few groceries to take with us for our breakfasts and lunches while we are mobile and then we went for a drive through Stanley Park. The rain had finally stopped and the sun came out giving Helen a chance to enjoy what we have been experiencing. We had a great day and are excited to do some travelling tomorrow. We will miss Karley and Ian but I am sure they will be happy to finally get their lives back to normal.

This picture was taken today from Prospect Point, the halfway point in Stanley park of the Lion's Gate Bridge and English Bay.