My Old Territory PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 14 July 2004 00:00
Last night, Rachel (Jay's girlfriend) greeted me at the airport at the late hour of 11:35 PM. By the time she and I got caught up on our news it was well after 1:00AM and Rachel had to be up for work at 8:00. I was on the road to Orillia by 10:00 this morning feeling a little spaced out and needing some caffeine to bring me back to earth.

I arrived at my friend Rosanne's with coffee in hand by 11:30. After a lunch with Rob, Rosy and I went to surprise my mom at Victoria House, the retirement home where she lives. We had a nice visit, then headed up to the Severn Township office to surprise my sister, however my visit didn't have the same effect because Christine had been to the website earlier and knew I was in town. From there we headed out to Coldwater so I could see where Rosanne and Rob were moving to at the end of the month.

As we drove around, I pointed out many familiar landmarks, homes and intersections. We stopped at Christine and Fred's and admired Fred's new truck and I helped Rosanne become acquainted with some of her future neighbours.

Coldwater and the surrounding area was where I had spent a good part of my adolescence and teenage years and it is an area that I know well. There have been many changes over the years but I felt very much at home and it was nice being in my old territory again. We ended the day with a nice dinner at Montana's and at Rosanne's house where we continued to catch up with each other's spiritual journey. I suspect I will sleep well tonight!