The "Grandchildren" PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 18 July 2004 00:00
This morning, after a wonderful breakfast, Jay, Rachel and Terry went for a boat ride to take the Windrem children and their friends tubing. Janice and I stayed behind to relax and chat. Once they returned, it was time for us to get back to Markham. We were experiencing another muggy day with the potential of a thunderstorm in the forecast.

We arrived back at Jay's house shortly after 2:00 PM and I proceeded to go through boxes of our belongings stored in Jay's basement to see if I could locate some things. It took me hours and I was partially successful, retrieving a photo album for Karley while Rachel went grocery shopping and Jay got caught up on his reading. We all enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by Rachel and then watched a movie while being entertained by their Bengal cats.

These cats are real characters and because they are only four months old, are into everything. Lulu and Lynx love water, shoelaces and people and try to be part of every activity at every minute. They reminded me of small children and I found myself moving things out of reach at every turn. Jay, Rachel and Angie tell me that these pets that I have been meeting lately are my other "grandchildren"! It's a good thing they're cute!