I'm Where I Need to Be PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 15 November 2004 00:00

This morning I was awake at 5:00 AM even though the alarm wasn't scheduled to go off until 5:30. My flight to Ontario wasn't until 10:00 AM but with the crazy traffic, we didn't want to take any chances and we left the motorhome by 6:40. Of course, as in Murphy's Law, the traffic was great and we arrived at the airport at 7:30 but it enabled us to check my heavy bag and sit and have a tea together before I went through the boarding gate. The time flew by and before long the plane was in the air and I was on my way.

I flew with Air Canada so I arrived at the new Terminal 1 after taxiing along the runway for what seemed like 30 minutes and then I walked the next 20 minutes to the baggage claim. Rachel was waiting for me and we headed to Markham to meet Jay who was finishing up things at work. My timing for flights could have been better because I arrived at 5:30 PM during the height of rush hour and to complicate things there was an accident on the 407 ETR so we were moving at the speed of stop! After an hour of barely moving, Rachel opted for an alternate route and we arrived at Jay and Rachel's by 7:15 PM! I was quickly reminded that the traffic sucks in any city and Toronto traffic is worse than Vancouver's.

The three of us met Bill and Laura for sushi at a local restaurant and we quickly got caught up on all the news. Jay's co-workers had a wonderful send off for him today and he was presented with a basket full of goodies to keep him busy for the next two months during his recovery. I have learned that both Jay and Rachel are surrounded with a huge circle of extremely supportive friends, family and co-workers and the positive energy is palpable. His surgery is scheduled for 10:30  tomorrow morning and I will be reporting the outcome here. I sense that he will be just fine and I will sleep well tonight just because I feel like I am in exactly where I need to be for now. Smile