If Only PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 02 February 2005 00:00

The countdown is on! In just over four weeks, Rick and I will be on the road again heading south before making our way east. It has been a long stop here in Vancouver, longer than we had initially planned, but one we have enjoyed for obvious reasons. We have no regrets however we are looking forward to be rambling along a highway again. On the other hand we will miss Karley and Ian and our baby grandson, Makai. We know that with the way he is growing he will look like a different child when we see him again and he won't even know who we are. Hopefully Karley or Ian will send us photographs regularly so we don't miss too much.

Now we are trying to get all the things done that we had figured we would have completed by now but for many reasons have not. I remember when I was in high school; I would procrastinate at exam time, waiting until the last minute to study. Evidently it is a bad habit I have dragged into adulthood with me and taught my husband. We are still learning how to use the DVD recorder, not the least bit uncomplicated, so that all our videotapes can be loaded onto discs. It is very time consuming and we spent half the day getting completely frustrated but by this evening we have it partially mastered. Our old video camera, which plays the tapes, is broken so we have to borrow Ian's in order to perform this task hence the need to hurry.

We also need to clean the awnings, which have acquired a greyish tinge from sitting here for so long with plenty of rain and no sunlight on them for any extended periods. Fortunately, now, it is warming up and drying making it more pleasant to be outside to get the work done. We need to re-sort all the cupboards and storage areas to eliminate the things we never use and reorganize the things we do. Now if only we could make room for little baby to come with us .....Laughing