Intuition PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 16 February 2005 00:00

Yesterday, while I was working out on the Nordic Track, one of the park maintenance guys walked by and asked me if I had been in the pool yet. Though the pool, which had been resurfaced and repainted last week was refilled on Friday night, it still remained quite cold and I had not yet tried swimming in it. He told me that it had now reached the temperature of 78F but was not quite at the temperature I had become accustomed to, 84F. It was warm enough to entice me once again, so after 15 minutes on the Nordic Track, I put on my bathing suit and headed for the pool. To my surprise it had warmed up considerably since the night before so I made the plunge, which later my body thanked me for. I have definitely been spoiled here with my daily swims and will no doubt miss that luxury when we hit the road again.

When I Nordic Track, I read and the book I am reading now is called "You Already Know What To Do", by Sharon Franquemont. I bought it on sale at Banyen Books when Angie was here and it is a guidebook about developing intuition. Though I have read several books and articles about intuition before, this one seems more in depth and is really hitting home. I find it interesting that as I read each chapter, it targets the specific problem or issue I am dealing with at the time. It is almost as if the book is being written, page by page, as I read it to address the exact subject I need help with at that moment. Perhaps it is my intuition that has lead me to it in the first place.... hmmm, something to think about.

I have learned that every single human being has intuitive abilities and they can be highly developed with practice. Like any skill, the more you use it, the more acute it becomes. We all need to learn how to tap into this wonderful gift we are graced with and once we do, every life will benefit, not just our own. It is a realm I cannot exalt enough and I encourage everyone who reads this to tune into yourselves and listen to your intuition. The book mentioned above is just one of many on the subject and offers simple instructions at the end of each chapter to help you exercise your intuition "muscles". It's a lot of fun and I can't recommend it enough!