Our Last Day PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 04 March 2005 16:00
Today, our last full day in BC, was spent preparing the motorhome for travelling again after having been parked here since September 16th. It is time to start rolling again but there is no doubt that we will miss being here, close to Karley, Ian and Makai.

While Rick was packing the storage areas outside, I was defrosting the fridge and rearranging some of the cupboards. I needed to put the non-slip liners back into place in the drawers and cupboards so that the dishes, glasses, pots and pans won't be rattling around while we trek down the road. Rick packed the wheel protectors, window shades and my Nordic Track away. We then vacuumed throughout, washed floors and put some of the decorative knick-knacks away while getting all our laundry caught up. It was a full day of preparation work so when tomorrow morning rolls around we will only have to withdraw the jacks, retract the awnings, take down the satellite dishes and bring in the slide-outs before we are on our way.

This afternoon we picked up Karley and Makai to go to Granville Market with us for one last great coffee and to buy some fresh pasta for supper and a cranberry-pecan pie for dessert. Tonight we enjoyed our last dinner together for a long time as a family and our last few cuddles with Makai as a 9-week-old baby. Karley and I did our best not to cry as we exchanged big hugs, feeling some relief from knowing that we may possibly be seeing each other again in May. (She and Makai might visit us then in Ontario while Ian is in Thailand.)