Relaxing PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 10 December 2004 00:00

Today the weather was warm, 14C but very rainy and it was a good day for us all to relax. We went over to Karley's after doing some grocery shopping and took Karley and Jay out to lunch at a "Raw" restaurant that we found on the Internet, which fortunately was on Commercial Drive.  The Internet has proven to be an excellent source for finding raw and organic restaurants in both Ontario and Vancouver. In the entire city of Toronto, I was only able to source out four "raw food" restaurants and in Vancouver, a much smaller city, I found the same number.

The Living Source at the The Melting Point Gallery (It is no longer there as of May 2009) has a nice, open, clean atmosphere and the service was friendly and very helpful. Jay and I, having been exposed to this style of dining while in Ontario, knew what to expect but for Rick and Karley, it was a new experience. Raw or Live food is very attractive on the plate, colourful and plentiful but served at room temperature. The chef, a very pleasant young fellow, came out to see how we liked our meals and gave us some of his background and how he came to be a Raw Food chef. We all enjoyed our feast, leaving the restaurant with full bellies (Karley's a little fuller looking than the rest of us!). She returned home to run errands and the three of us went back to the motorhome for some R & R.

Jay hadn't seen Sam the cat since last December and she immediately knew him, rolling around on her back and enjoying his attention. Then he and Rick went up to the exercise room for a gentle workout while I swam for the first time in over two weeks. Afterwards, the excuse of rain made it a perfect day to kick back and watch a movie, The Pirates of the Caribbean, while sipping on a hot tea. It is exactly a day like today that will help Jay to continue his healing and one of the reasons for his visit.