Exploring a Little More of Sedona PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 03 April 2005 16:00
My shoulders have been bothering me for a long time now, particularly my right one and that is one of the reasons I like swimming because it seems to keep it loosened up. My greatest fear is that if I stop exercising it, I'll lose the use of it altogether. On Thursday morning, I woke up with a really painful right shoulder and I have been nursing it ever since, even resorting to taking Ibuprofen for it, which I don't like doing. Yesterday, I went online and sought out someone in Sedona to see if I could get some help and this morning I had an appointment at 11:00 AM with Susan Palmer, a spiritual healer that I had found.

After a really interesting appointment with Susan, I left her home feeling much "lighter" than when I first got there and the headache that I arrived there with was gone. Rick and I wanted to explore a little more of Sedona, so at Susan's suggestion we drove over to the Crescent Moon Recreation Area where we walked along Oak Creek and saw some amazing views of Cathedral Rock, the most photographed formation in Sedona. At one point we sat down on some boulders at the creek's edge and watched a beautiful drake lazily paddling around in the fast running water looking for his perfect meal.

From there we drove out to the Boynton Canyon Trail and hiked through the brush along a winding red-rock path for about 2 miles before returning to the car. There were so many breathtaking vistas, it was difficult to know which way to look and with the rapidly moving clouds casting shadows, they changed constantly. Even though the temperature here today was only about 16C, the sun shone for most of the day and we enjoyed our afternoon treks. We had a quick, late lunch before heading back to Camp Verde, very satisfied with today's events. Cool